Venue: Reiz Continental Hotel,
Plot 779, Cadastral Zone AO
Central Area, Abuja
Date: April 16 & 17, 2013
Time: 9.00a.m. Daily
Money Laundering, a damaging aspect of corruption is a very serious problem in a lot of countries. The laundering process allows perpetrators of financial fraud, drug traffickers, terrorists, warlords and other criminal enterprise to perpetuate and live lavishly from illegal activities
The criminals choice of money laundering vehicles is only limited by his or her creativity thus making it not only a law enforcement problem but a serious national and international security threat as well.
This Workshop is therefore designed to provide participants with the most current anti-money laundering information, latest technology and regulatory changes and the best time-saving tool to tackle all anti-money laundering issues.
At the end of the programme participants will be able to
· Discuss the Roles and Responsibilities of Government, Regulatory and Law Enforcement Authorities in preventing Money Laundering.
· Understand the implications and penalties for non-compliance with Anti-Money Laundering Legislations
· Understand how virtual networks are used to move illicit funds globally.
· Set up compliance and cost effective Anti-money Laundering Systems.
· Understand Customer Due Diligence Requirements
· Anti-Money Laundering Legislation in Nigeria, New Regulations and Guidance Notes: An Overview
· Preparing for the Next Generation of Money Launderers: Mitigating Threats posed by m-payment and e-money.
· Counter Terrorist Financing: New Intelligence Methods to Detect, Deter and Disrupt Terrorist Financial Operations.
· Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and the Risk-Based Approach to Money Laundering.
· New International Initiatives in Combating Money Laundering.
· Designing Effective Internal Procedures and Systems for Controlling Money Laundering.
· Rendition of Returns and Maintenance of Information under Money Laundering
Who should Attend
· Compliance/Money Laundering Reporting Officers
· Branch/Relationship Managers of Banks and other Financial Institutions
· Government Regulators
· Compliance Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service
· Chief Inspectors/Heads of Compliance Units of Banks
· Heads of Banking Operations
· Internal Auditors assuming responsibilities for Money Laundering/Financial Crimes Issues
· Bank Examiners
· Financial Crimes Experts
· Estate Agents/Mortgage Officials
· Risk Mitigation Officers
· Securities Brokers/Dealers
· Investment Advisers
· Officials of Credit, Debit & Pre-paid Card Companies
A team of competent and seasoned experts has been assembled to lead discussions during the Workshop
N125,750.00 per participant (covers VAT, Workshop Materials, Tea/Coffee, Snacks and Group Lunch only)
Mode of Payment
Bank cheque/draft drawn in favour of The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria or e-payment to Guaranty Trust Bank Plc (Account Number: 0000845015, Sort Code: 058)
For nominations or further enquiries, please contact:
Maria (08023903646) Richard(08032170275)
National Secretariat Annex
NEXIM House, Central Business District
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Telephone: 09-8701423, 01-2617674, 4617925